When you think about it, blogging is a pretty strange thing to do. Here's why:
1. Your friend came over and said "oh you know that topic you wrote about the other day?" and you're instantly mortified.
"what?! You read my blog! Do NOT read it!"
"why ever not?"
"cos I know you! I only write for strangers!"
"huh??" Friend speechless and looking rather confused.
2. You stand on a street and cajole the poor tortured soul (husband/friend/child/victim/boyfriend) to take a more flattering photo of you. Yes, I'm talking about OOTD. In case, you think it's an acronym for important government secret agency stuff.......... It's outfit of the day. You're trying to "pose" but you look like a total idiot. Strangers walk pass and smirk. And then you see your friend strolling towards you looking rather bemused. Sh*t. You wish there is a sinkhole beneath the spot you're standing.
3. Tweeting, pinning, instagramming.......
"Is that even English??? You young people! I don't understand your world, " said my 72 year old dad when I tried to explain to him what social media is. Well, Dad. I'm 40 and there's an even YOUNGER generation that tweets, pins, instagram, wechats, whatsapp and understands HTML codes better than I can walk.
4. It doesn't matter how terrible your math is. Or that you're the only person who'd gotten an egg shaped digit on your math score sheet, you know your blog stats any time of the day, month and year. AND the number of your followers on every social media known to mankind.
5. Try saying this with a straight face - "I'm a blogger" vs "I'm an Amway distributor". And then observe the other person's expression. Bet you get the same strangled look.